AKO BICOL Advocacies


AKO BICOL is consistent in its service to its Bicolano constituents as well as to the Filipino as a whole, through its various programs aimed to help aptly called as “Tabang”

Tabang sa Kapalibutan – Ako Bicol spearheads projects which cater to environmental protection and conservation, such as tree planting activities, clean up drives of rivers and coastal areas, among others.

Tabang sa Kabuhayan – Food processing starter kits are distributed to beneficiaries under the Rice-based Products and Livelihood Project for Rural Women to enable the women of Bicol to pursue livelihood projects in the agricultural industry.

Tabang sa Edukasyon – Up to date, Ako Bicol has assisted 9,998 Bicolanos obtain technical vocational scholarships that have helped 75% acquire jobs in the country and outside of the Philippines. The remaining 25% has successfully established their own means of livelihood through small-scale businesses.

Tabang sa Karahayan – Medical missions and medicine distributions are implemented in the region to the state hospitals and health care centers. Medical supplies are also provided to strengthen the capacities of hospitals in addressing the needs of the people. Supplements like wheel chairs, blood pressure apparatus, and dialyzers are awarded to individuals and hospitals.

Tabang sa Kalamidad – Since DRRM is a crucial issue in the present time, AKO BICOL realizes the importance of undertaking preparation, mitigation, and relief on disasters. Relief packing and operations are also conducted by AKO BICOL through response in disaster-afflicted locations, such as floods, typhoons, and fire.