“KATABANG NA, KASUROG PA”
AKO BICOL Party List started out as an NGO in 2008. It was known as SOS Bicol then, and it regularly aided Bicolanos and neighboring regions in disaster relief efforts. It decided to enter the party-list system in 2010.
In Congress, it aims to provide a voice to residents of the Bicol region, people born of Bicolano parents, and those simply interested in the promotion of the welfare and interest of the region and its people, collectively known as Bicolanos.
AKO BICOL’s programs include providing scholarships, medical assistance, livelihood programs, and capacity-building seminars for different fields to Bicolanos. AKO BICOL primarily provides help through its programs.
AKO BICOL aims to unite Bicolanos to work in the development of the Bicol Region through programs and projects that will:
- Combat poverty;
- Provide adequate social services;
- Promote full employment;
- Guarantee social justice and full respect for human rights;
- Recognize the sanctity of human life;
- Improve delivery of health services;
- Democratize access to education and training;
- Protect the environment;
- Enhance disaster preparedness; and
- Advance the participation of youth, women, gays and lesbians and physically challenged individuals as well senior citizens in nation building.